Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Neighbor's Unusual, Regular Activities

cooking directly in front of our house (pink gate)














The pictures above showed what our neighbor does almost every twilight. They would cook their food in the road. They somehow consider it as an extension of their house. This thing they do is like their bonding moments because three to four households (our neighbor,living in the same street with us) would (I think) contribute something to cook to have their later on evening meal salo-salo. Cooking in the road isn't just not their house extension but also eating. They would gather around in a mobile (monobloc) chairs and table, then eat the food they have cooked in a buffet manner in an atmosphere as if somebody is celebrating his birthday . I sometimes would tell myself that what's lacking in their activity is the beach. Mama would say that "they're having their late picnic". Lucky for them because my husband usually arrives home very late. So they're already done when he'll be parking his car.

Sometimes my hubby would be able to witness them when he arrives home early. He finds their activities unusual and he abhors it. I think he's contemplating if he would raise it to the officers of our subdivision. Personally, I don't like it also because it's very not-fitting or nice to see. I think it's us who are most affected or the critic of their doing because they're cooking directly in front of our gate. It's so gross to look at. I don't know when will they come to their senses. Maybe with God's help, we would transfer our residence?

No comments: