Monday, March 14, 2011

Belated Birthday Dinner

Pangga and I decided to have my birthday-dinner-salo-salo yesterday, a one day late to give us ample time to prepare the foods. As you can see the foods we prepared, though I wasn't really able to get a hands on in the preparation since Jaiden has me all to himself , really required much time and labor. Our helper went home last Saturday, so mama almost had all the preparations. Papa was busy playing Resident Evil. (tsk,tsk,tsk) However, I think he assisted mama in some aspects of the work preparation. So mama cooked the  bam-i, prepared or inserted the overnight-marinated pork and chicken meat in (bamboo) sticks for grilling and salted the two pieces of Anduhaw fish for grilling also while the cut pork leg portion were already broiled using charcoal to make it into a tender "nilat-ang tiil sa baboy". Good thing our helper arrived from her home early in the afternoon so she was the one who did the actual grilling. For our dessert, pangga already bought the other night (during my birthday) Braso de Mercedes of Goldilocks. So with the sumptuous meal we had last night, who could ever resist eating all those foods and forget about her diet?
grilled pork and chiken and stewed pork leg (nilat-ang tiil sa baboy)

braso de mercedes and the stewed pork leg

bam-i and grilled fish (almost charcoaled hehehe)
It was just the usual family members ate those food because for some reasons the others didn't make it last night.

I also brought some of those food in our office for our lunch. My officemate-friend bought Pepsi as our beverage, another additional deviation from my weight-loss diet. Well, it's still part of my birthday. As an exception, I guess it won't hurt that much to eat gain-weight kind of food yesterday, today and the rest of the coming days until all those will be saturated.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: