Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Different Sunday

I find Sunday today, different.

1) We went to the church as a family. Pangga and I decided to make it a usual Sunday, starting today. It has been a while since we attended Sunday mass because we couldn't figure out yet how our baby would behave or what will our baby's mood be. We are very much traumatized that the incident during his baptism would happen again. However, this morning was different because our baby was able to survive the church environment even if he hasn't taken his morning nap yet. Instead, he took his nap during the mass in his stroller. But before that, he was very much in the good mood even though his eyes showed that it were sleepy. I can't blame him because he woke us up by around five this morning. This is his usual waking time lately. :(  So, it was no wonder that he would really fall asleep during the nine-thirty mass we attended. He started his nap during the homily and towards the end of the mass. He wasn't aware that he was already being strolled towards our parked car. If I didn't get him out of the stroller to ride in our car, he wouldn't have wake up. When he woke up, he smiled. He wasn't irritated that his sleep was disturbed (unlike before) because he now likes to go out. He loves to see new places and new faces. It was no wonder then that he was very much in the mood.

This is now our sugba-anan or barbecue-han.
2) After the mass, we headed to Gaisano Minglanilla. It was my first time to visit it. (So, you see, this made it different too.) Their basement parking has no fee. The guard isn't strict. Pangga opened the trunk of our car, only then did the guard realized what to do with it. Pangga said "way klaro" (heheheheh). We bought a few grocery items. I was surprised to know that they required a valid ID if you would pay through credit card. Alas, I didn't bring any. Good thing they accept ATM savings card. So, I just used my Metrobank paycard. Then we headed upstairs and looked for a small thermos for our baby Jaiden's Similac milk but we didn't found one instead I found what I have been longing for us to have, a griller (sugba-anan). The moment I saw it (priced P300), I immediately decided to buy it. Now I can look forward to eating grilled food, specially barbecued meat.

3) When we were about to go to the basement parking (to go home), we met my Ob-gyne, Dr. Enghog. Baby Jaiden was holding his bottled milk in his mouth looking intensely at (her) the stranger in front of him. It was Dr. Enghog's  first time to see our baby after she had me delivered him. So it was kind of nice to think, that our baby met her for the first time, knowing that she was a very big help in having our baby around in this world.

4) Our baby was able to take his afternoon nap around four in the afternoon already. He was unable to eat his   usual afternoon solid food eating because until this very moment (7:58 PM) he's still asleep. I think, his sleep is for good until morning. Maybe he got really tired of what we did today.

5) We had our first grilled belly in our newly bought sugba-anan. Hence, we had a sumptuos grilled pork belly during dinner.

I like our Sunday today and I'm hoping that it'll be nice too in the next Sundays to come.

No comments: