Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Tourist

I had a very much high expectation of this movie knowing that Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp are the main stars. If circumstances would've permitted me, I surely would've watch it in big screen but now I'm glad I didn't. I agree with the comments of most viewers in IMDB. Angelina and Johnny just didn't have the chemistry to pose as lovers. Maybe because I was so used to watching Angelina in a tough character and Johnny in a comical character. Though they delivered their acting well, there's just no "kilig factor" when their eyes met or when Frank (Johnny) looks deeply to Elise (Angelina) showing how attracted he is to her. The story was okay, but I found there's something lacking. Again, I think it's the lack of chemistry between Angelina and Johnny. Also, the story of the movie is too small for a big Angelina. The only actor who fits there was Paul Bettany. I really like this guy ever since his The Da Vince Code movie. I hope to see him win an Oscar Award in the future.

Initially, based on the theatrical thriller I thought its a big action movie and that the love story is just a sidings but it turned out to be the other way around.

Guys! just watch this if your intrigue to see if Jolie and Depp's lovey-dovey acting are okay. 

No comments: