Sunday, March 27, 2011

Earth Hour: Enjoying It and Was it A Success?

People around the world were expected to turn off their lights last March 26, 2011 from 8:30 - 9:30 P.M. as an observance of the Earth Hour. However, I think it were only us (in our place) who knew about it or cared to observe it. As we turned off our lights, we watched over (in our upstair-windows) if our neighbors also did the same. Alas, all their lights were on.

As our lights were off we enjoyed ourselves. Hubby, baby and I had our playing bonding moments. Jaiden giggled his heart out as I tried to chase them (his papa carrying him) bringing his Eddie, doggie stuff toy, as if the dog is also chasing them. After which, we put Jaiden inside his crib. We were surprised to see him doing his best to stand alone (balancing his self)  for a few seconds and walked a few steps without holding to anything, then inevitably fell. With accompanying shrieking because he was enjoying what he was doing,he would try and try again .

While the above happened, Josh was enjoying playing PSP. Mama  was watching Culdesac, a Filipino indie film. It was her and I who watched the movie from the start but I left her to attend  to Jaiden. Josh who had enough of the PSP later on joined her but was too tired to completely watch the movie and fell to sleep. In the end, mama said that the movie is deep and intriguing. She has lots of things going in her mind about the movie. I told her that if that was the case then the movie is good and the writer is successful in boggling her mind.

As the 9:30 stroked, I turned on the light to prepare what needs to be done to have our good night sleep. As I watched over our window again, our front neighbor were busy doing their card games (baraha) oblivious I think of what was supposed to have happened. I just hope that our neighbors' non-participation was just an isolated case and that they haven't affected the percentage of success of the Earth Hour effort.

No comments: