Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Making This Day, My Day!

As I have promised myself, I tried making my birthday today different. I did my grocery alone and was just happy my hubby gave me as his birthday presents, four thousand pesos, to buy the ingredients I wanted to cook and then the rest of the money is mine (wide grin). I'm now thinking what to buy for myself.... hhmmm...a new branded t-shirt perhaps? Whatever it is.. it is some reason to be happy on my birthday other than being happy for having another year to celebrate.

So there it goes!! the foods that I cooked or rather co-cooked with my mama. Well, I would admit I couldn't do it alone you know. You just need to have some assistance in preparing the ingredients. I did the Pata Tim and Humba. As much as possible as I would like to think and believe that we religiously followed the measurements and the manner of cooking the food, as my mother said it, in order to taste a different taste of Humba, Pancit Bihon and to taste Pata Tim.
All the food are just liked by the eaters except that my Pata Tim is a disappointment. I don't know what happened to my sauce when I did follow the measurement. Bottom line, the sauce didn't turned out as it should be. Well, at least my Humba is tasty and tasted just the way I like it (I will cook it again). As to the Pancit Bihon, though it was my mother who cooked it but I sure did watch how she did it. The result?I so liked our Pancit Bihon.

To stay on track of my plans, I had our helper went with Jaiden and I to the Lipata Chapel to hopefully attend a mass or light some candles even though it was drizzling. However, we arrived there at almost the end of the mass. So we went to the candle lighting area only to see a box of matchsticks without any candle at all. With this, we went inside the chapel and prayed. After which, I already had a feeling that Jaiden wouldn't be contented to end the activity by just it and I was correct. He said and pointed to the road saying "want to go there?" - he wanted to go beyond the Lipata Chapel, somewhere down the road. But, it was raining, so I find an alibi telling him that we go home to blow the candles of the cake. Without hesitation, he oblige - such a very good, sweet child.

Everybody was in celebratory mood. Hubby wasn't just around to eat together with us but with Jaiden with me, he surely made my birthday extra special when he sang me the birthday song and blew the candles with me.

Thank you Lord, for this another year, for all the blessings and being with me always when trials came and for hearing my prayers and letting me see and realized things. 

Happy Birthday to Meeehhhh!!!





2 comments:

ferenzie said...

U got a lot of food. Hehehe. Nice looking and everything looks very tasty.

gem said...

@ferenzie, yes Pinoy food are really tasty :)