Sunday, March 9, 2014

Making it Different

If before I would just wake up, go to work, reading messages from regular birthday greeters, now I will have to try to make it different. Yes, for the first time, since my working career, I will not be at work on my birthday. Thank you to my new corporate employer who values work, life balance - I will be on leave on my coming birthday.

Lately, I am into cooking by just simply looking at the recipes posted on the net. In fact, I have already tried chicken macaroni soup to which only me and my hubby believed to have been delicious. My other housemates's taste buds are so into traditional tasting that they didn't like the taste nor the smell of the celery. I learned later that celery, aside from carrots, are one of the main ingredients when you want your soup to be so smelly-tasteful.

The recipes I cooked or shall cook doesn't have to be a 5-star sophisticated food but just a simple one that our usual Filipino palates can handle and today I missed my mama's bola-bola (meat balls) that I tried cooking one. Other than the ground pork, the vegetable ingredients were just the finely chopped: carrots, chayote, potatoes, small amount of red bell pepper and onions. However, I just added few seasonings and didn't taste it (to which my hubby commented to be my biggest failure) that I later learned when the fried meat balls were cooked, that these tasted bland. I was so disappointed of myself (that feeling of excitement to taste my missed-bolabola wasn't coming to life). Good thing my husband suggested to make a tasty sauce to save it. Fortunately, I was able to made an okay sauce (thanks to Oyster sauce as the significant ingredient) that out of ten meat balls, only three are left uneaten.

Going back to my coming birthday, I now decide to make it different by cooking the foods that we would be eating. I will then be cooking Pata Tim, Humba, Camaron Rebosado, Adobong Kangkong and Pancit Bihon. I know that what I enumerated are just our everyday food (I think except for the Pata Tim?) that we encounter but mind you I want to follow the measurements and the recipe that are on this site http://www.myfilipinorecipes.com/. I think that it's different when you cook it yourself.  Hopefully, I will be able to deliver it to the best of our palates. So wish me luck on my birthday!




p/s I will be posting pics of my cooked foods then :)

2 comments:

ferenzie said...

Lol. U forgot that you really don't cook that much. U didn't get the bola bola right? :-o You can do this! I'm going to look at that pata Tim recipe. Advance Happy birthday. Party and cake time!;D

ferenzie said...

That's. I forgot u didn't cook that much.