Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jackfruit as my Dessert

Nangka in Cebuano Dialect
One of the nice things having our office here in Lipata, Minglanilla are the reasonably priced fruits sold just in the roadside. Mangoes, star apples, bananas, sweet potatoes (isn't a fruit but a root crop) and jackfruits are abound. My favorites are mangoes and jackfruits. Mangoes are easy to find but expensive while jackfruits are the exact opposite. Hence, once jackfruits are for sale, I would immediately buy it.

I would just eat a little amount of food for my lunch since I would be having jackfruit as my dessert. I know that this fruit isn't light in the stomach so I believe that this will fill-in in the little lunch I would take. Anyway, I would still be having my snacks. So it's not that torture having a little lunch.

I had bought jackfruit in the past few days and if not bland of sweetness it was lack of days of ripeness. However, yesterday and today, I was lucky enough to buy a just enough ripeness and sweetness. I bought the thirty-peso cut. It was a good size of cut that I was able to bring some at home for mama and Josh. The sweetness is so good which has prompted me to write this. 

No comments: