Monday, February 28, 2011

My Laptop, A Very Much Part of Me

gem: A Christmas Present: "You have not been conceptualize from the start. He just suggested in you in passing. Somehow he gave me the idea and made me think. One day..."

I'm forever grateful to my Pangga for gifting me a laptop. As I have said, I have never realized how it would made an impact in my new chapter of life. Ever since I have it, my past time activities has very much changed other than it has already since our baby Jaiden's arrival. This laptop has helped me a lot in coping up my ever challenging tasks as a working mother. I am able to make a flexible time for my self recreation. The last time I watched a movie in a big screen was the day before I delivered our baby (June 27, 2010). I can still remember that the movie we watched was a 3D Toy Story 3. I think during that time I already had a pre-labor but the pain was just tolerable. Maybe our baby made his reaction with the loud noise the theater made. With my laptop, since I couldn't afford yet to go in a movie house, I own my time as to when and what movie to watch. Also, there are so many things I can do to pass my time while at the same time taking care of our baby after office hours and during Sundays.

The following are some of those activities but not limited to:

1)I was very much engrossed with my blogging, that I was able to made quite plenty already during night time when our baby allowed me, that is when he fell asleep before 10P.M.  However, it made me sleep very late which I think resulted to my acne. Blogging serves as my medium of expressing myself but with limitations (of course! my partner is so adamant about this) because you have the international network as your audience. It also enhances my English composition. Hence, FYI, I very much welcome comments, corrections or suggestions .

2) Before I just saved pics in USB then had them printed. Now, I'm able to edit our pics in Picassa or Picnik  according to my likes before I saved them for printing. However, as of now I'm not done yet because somehow my blogging really has its way of getting into me (hehhehe). I have less or no more time left after I finished blogging. Before I know it, it would already be time to sleep. Then again and again, I have to tell myself that I should finish my picture editing and summarizing.

3)I always bring my laptop in the office. So whenever I'm bored, Facebook, Google news et al are just within my arms' reach. It's just not boredom but also drowsiness. Like now, I'm writing this article to open up my eyes. I believe that no matter how sleepy or tired your eyes are if you're doing something that interests you, your will surely be wide awake and just this afternoon I'm really not mistaken (hehehe). I know it's wrong because it's supposed to be working time but I'm not productive when I'm sleepy so I have to find ways, right?

4) Pangga installed a camera in our sala. We are able to watch our baby through this camera's website in our office. So, we seem not far from our baby then.

5) My laptop also helps me entertain my baby until he falls to sleep at night. He very much likes to watch Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCjJyiqpAuU) and Baba Black Sheep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBEHFFnV3RY)  in Youtube. I believe that Jaiden and I are one of those who made these videos have a count of more than a million views. We watch those almost every night.

5) When Jaiden would already have enough of those mentioned videos (above), I switched to MyDSL Watchpad. This is one of the benefits of being a PLDT internet subscriber. You get to see some cable channels like CNN, NatGeo, History et al.

6) Lately, I've been taught by my Pangga how to download movies in www.torrentbutler.com . I'm very much happy to now have the power to download the movies I want. I had been asking him to download Sex and the City and The Twilight Eclipse but indirectly he didn't give in to my demands. I just realized now what could be the possible reason. There are just so many movies to choose (in torrent, oh! such a piracy) and it would take very much time to download. Even I myself is finding it hard to decide what to download first. Other than the movies I had asked (him to download) are so girly meaning not his thing, the internet speed is very much affected once you download. The speed would become very slow. Nevertheless, at least for now I have lots of movies in queue for watching like Black Swan, Dear John, Season of the Witch, Sex and the City and Twilight Eclipse . I finally get to see the movies I had been demanding. By the way, I have just watched Resident Evil, After Life last night. There was no story in it just much action.

7) My laptop also serves as my knowledge enhancer if not, answers to anything I want to know. This is possible through different search engines but I'm into Google. Anything I want to know, links are there for you to learn. However, you have to learn cautiously.

So you see, my laptop has greatly affected my life. As to how, you be the judge. :)

No comments: