Thursday, February 17, 2011

Unsolicited SMS

*****"I felt cold and prayed to God immediately to let me handle the situation properly in case my doubt would be true. I couldn't contact his cellphone. nor his office landline phone. Where is he?"*****

He turned over to me his other cellphone just for the sole purpose for me to use the flash light every time I wake up during wee hours to feed our baby. Just a while ago, this cellphone received an SMS from an unregistered no. that stirred my curiosity to read the whole text since the summary or the front text (text ID before you're able to read the whole message) had a word "lab" (love). So I read the whole two SMS. It said "Labs, wer r u? D tka" (love where are you? I can't) is the first text then followed by the next text "D tka makontak lalabbs...." ( I can't reach you love). These messages are  undoubtedly can make any wife heart's beat so fast from the shocked of reading it. I paused for a moment thinking what to do, then I contacted the phone his carrying (currently using). Voila! his cellphone couldn't be reached. Was it just a coincidence? I called up again but to no avail. So I dialed the number of the unknown sender (of SMS) using my cellphone. Voila! (again) a lady with a youthful voice answered the phone then hanged up after I said my hello (by this moment my heart beat faster). I dialed again but her phone can no longer be reached. I paused for a moment, then dialed again. This time it rang once then the phone can no longer be reached again. I did this twice. Now, I felt coldness or did I shudder also? I can't remember anymore. It just happened so fast but I'm pretty sure I felt coldness all over my body. I can still remember the coldness of my palms. I paused for a few seconds thinking "what to do next?".  At the back of my head I thought of any clues of his past actions that were possibly doubtful but I couldn't remember any. If he was acting then he could surely win a Grammy award as a best actor. All I know is that lately he went home very much late. "Oh gosh!".

I went downstairs to call his land-line office phone and alas! the phone just kept ringing until the answering machine voiced. At that moment what came to my mind was "God please help me!". I went back upstairs acting as if everything's okay since mama is in the dinner table. I remember one night mama asked me how come he always went home late. I told her why was she making a fuss of it and that it was no problem with me. I told her his current job situation made him do it. Now mama's comment sprang to my mind but as much as I could, I managed to set it aside because the voice inside me told me that it's impossible he would do it but still "who knows?".

I went back to our room not knowing what to do. I still couldn't reach him when I tried again. I don't know if I wanted to cry or shout. For a moment, there was paranoia in me. I told myself to calm down, there must be some ways that I could reach him. I saw my laptop and thought that I could probably reach him through Facebook or Skype if he is online but he wasn't.  I sighed. I saw our baby asleep in our bed and told myself that our baby will stay with me and that he has to financially support him if ,God forbid, worse comes to worst. Suddenly, his cellphone received another SMS from the lady texter. By the way, she had no idea yet that when I called her (using my cellphone) a while ago, I had read her SMS messages (in his cellphone). The SMS said, "Labs, asa nka oi? Ma. late nata sa atong flight" (love where are you now? we'll be late of our flight). Whheeww (deep breath)!!!! I was just so relieved. What came to my mind after was "is she joking or making fun of me knowing that I called her?" or "did she just like to mess people's lives and found out that she was successful in doing so?". By then I had already gain my composure. Then came his call. By the sound of his voice, obviously he has no idea what has transpired. Then I received an SMS in my cellphone from the lady-texter. She asked who am I. She surely was wondering why I called her. I replied to her asking if she know the person who has the no.0917xxxxx (his cellphone number), whom she has just sent lots of SMS. Simultaneously, his cellphone received another SMS, "Gisapot na imong mommy ky ngano nawala ka kalit..... reply asap" (your mommy is already mad why you were gone so suddenly). This SMS now totally erased my doubt and fear.

Using my cellphone, we then exchanged SMS. She replied (after I asked her about his cellphone no.- above) that she was sorry because she SMS the wrong number and found out the reason why her hubby didn't answer her. I told her how I felt. She earnestly (I would assume) said sorry again. I answered that it was okay and thanked her for honestly replying my messages. So that was it.

Whhheeww!!!! what a night! there must've been something that made me panicked upon reading her first two SMS. That something is something to figure out. Maybe partly due to regular listening of Papa Joe's numerous caller with marriage problems seeking for advice. Unconsciously, I must've collated everything I learned and has exposed myself to unique marriage situations. Hence, gathered the do's and don'ts et al..  Well anyway, this night is surely something to remember on. She really had me there for a while. :)

No comments: