Friday, February 25, 2011

Love and Other Drugs

I've just watched this movie. I find it some kind of feeling good kind of movie with a mix of drama and humor. I rate it 7 out of 10.

This movie is really for adults only since the love story part could not be given justice if bed scenes aren't to be showed. Bed scenes were the foundations of their love story. It has to be done to make it a convincing, interesting and a natural one. Lots of naked bodies were exposed by the main characters. I could really salute them for being so professional specially Anne Hathaway. Unlike our local artists here who just specializes in one genre. Like a local artists who specializes in drama alone, would have to be it for the rest of her career because if she'll go beyond that like exposing her body parts, her package or wholesome image would be smeared. Her fans might not like it, hence she'll not be marketable anymore to the masses who are her and her manager's milking cow. This drama local artist must as much as possible protect her image. On the other hand, Anne Hathaway's first starring role movie if I'm not mistaken was Princess Diary, a wholesome one. However now, in this movie she didn't mind her fans. She did what she has to do to give justice to the movie. She came out here in sexy roles but she acted really good in the drama parts. So kudos to her! I think she delivered it well. She's an all in one artist. - a sexy drama actress which I have no doubt makes her one of the marketable talent.

Actor Jake Gyllenhaal, whatever the pronunciation of his family name is, surprised me of his good humor or shall I say "medrep convincing power" acting. I found his acting okay. I'm not a fan of him.  In fact I just know now his true name. I didn't like him to be the starring actor in Prince of Persia. I think his sense of humor acting in that movie was trying hard. However, in this movie he's natural in it.

The movie gave me a wider insight as to what medreps' lives are. How slave they are to the doctors and that a medrep has to be a good (not O.A.) charmer to charm the doctor's secretary or receptionist.

The movie also showed me a little insight on what Parkinson's disease is and how patients of this illness cope. Now I feel the need to Google it to learn more about it.

The title of the movie Love and Other Drugs is really fitting. The story is partly about the uncommitted relationship that has later on bloomed to LOVE. It also revolves in  certain pharmaceutical company (Pfizer), how they market their drugs  and how they trained their medical representatives to be a competitive one. One thing that struck me is the use of the lighted matchstick in timing their practiced speech about their products. They have to deliver in brief their speech introduction to start a conversation with a doctor. Also, I found it amazing - the giving of ballpens. Now I know that this gesture (the ballpen with the drug name in it) is really consciously part of their marketing tactics. How lucky are those doctors' receptionists because they're the abundant receiver of tokens (one of the pros if they're many) though one has to be cautious if a medrep is like the kind of Jamie. She'll surely end up in bed with him (heheheh).

Take it from me. If you're bored and want some different kind of love story, I believe this is the movie for you.


p/s I'm going to sleep late again! wwheeewww!!! this will surely worsen my skin problem. :(

No comments: