Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Pangga!!

Happy birthday!!!!!

Bring on the balloons, confetti, cakes and ice creams!!!!

But it's not happening.

Today marks the 30th birthday of my Pangga. As it should have been celebrated with jubilation, my hubby doesn't like to do it because for him he's getting older. So I just succumb to his plans since nowadays I have less purchasing power. "Less purchasing power" in a sense that I'm confined here in a rural place the moment we agreed to hold office here in Lipata, Minglanilla. Unlike before, every time I want to buy something I can immediately go to Ayala after office. Now I find it hard to buy something sweet or thoughtful stuff or anything that would make the occasion a joyous celebration.

Good thing I was able to convince him to go to SM last Sunday, January 23, 2011. He somehow cooperated with me because he didn't went with us most of the malling time. So oblivious to him mama and I were able to buy a customized "I love Cebu" shirt. So I was able to purchased an "Aying love Cebu" t-shirt. I thought it was an okay gift since my husband has a patriotic spirit. I found this out when he was about to go to Lexington last year. He said he would bring all his t-shirts that bear the name Philippines. So he brought his Sinulog t-shirt and Cebu Philippines t-shirt of Island Souvenir, et al though I think it wasn't notice because they were still mistakenly identified as Mexican.....heheheheh.

After I did my work out before he would awake, I put his "Aying love Cebu" t-shirt in his dresser on top of all his piled clothes for him to immediately see it with a note "Happy birthday! baby and I love you!". This at least would be a little surprise to him and would made his day special.

To top it all after I took a bath, I woke him up with a birthday greeting kiss. Then I let the moment unfold.

Later on in the sala with our baby in his walker, my Pangga went downstairs wearing his new t-shirt. Hence, it was a mission accomplished.

In the car on our way to our office, Pangga told me that we'll have a simple dinner salo-salo with his mama and others (immediate family) this coming Sunday, February 6, 2011.

When I sat on my office chair, I just remembered something. I SMS Pangga to drop by Sto. Nino to light his birthday candle and give thanks for another given year. I hope he'll do it, if not, then at least in his thoughts and prayers.

One thing I can really say is that my husband is really a simple person.

Happy Birthday Pangga!!!! from your loving baby and me.



3 comments:

ferenzie said...

this is so cute and sweet. hehehe

ferenzie said...

bisan simple things okay na kaayo nila. ingon ana sad si Sean.

gem said...

heheheh, mao jd ng mga simple nga mga tawo. okay na kaayo. hehehhehhe