Sunday, February 13, 2011

Teething

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth" this could've been Jaiden's wish when he was around five months old last Christmas but of course this is impossible for an infant mind. I could've do it for him but I didn't because I know how a baby suffers during teething and he was still very young to agonize.

Now it has been two days since Jaiden have a low fever, in dialect "dangas". Per his baby book, normal body temperature is from 36.5 to 37.5 degrees Celsius. Whenever I feel that Jaiden's head is hot, I immediately get his temperature and would later found out to be 37 C, still within the normal range. But he still would appear sickly maybe because his temperature is already close to 37.6 degrees Celsius.

I first noticed his "dangas" last Friday morning (February 11, 2011) after we went to ER (in Chong Hua) due to his hyper-acidity. We immediately speculated that he was teething but his pedia asked us (when I called her, thank God! she answered my call) to have him a stool and CBC exam due to his vomiting because he might have a UTI (by the way I wasn't able to tell her that Jaiden had a hyper-acidity). When I later realized that CBC has got to do with needle insertion for a certain blood extraction, I immediately had second thought. I don't like my baby to go through that process. Since he was just having a dangas, Ariel and I decided not to take the laboratory exams and observed his temperature if it would really turn out to be a "really" fever.

True enough, until now Jaiden's temperature hasn't really reached beyond 37.5 degrees Celsius whenever he has a "dangas". This is probably due to his teething. Later on, our speculation turned out to be correct since Jaiden's lower incisors are starting to appear. We found color white in his lower front gums.

Calpol is our partner in battling Jaiden's "dangas". We just can't ignore his low fever since he isn't his normal self whenever his feverish. He would just be contented in sitting on my lap watching in Youtube his favorite Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when normally he would stand up in delight with his ear to ear smile. At times he would whine but would stop when I carried him in my arms, his head on my shoulder. At least he doesn't throw a fit nor cry. So far our baby Jaiden's behaviour response to his teething is manageable. He still lives up to his mark as "not a crying baby" nor a "moody baby". Our baby Jaiden is still a happy baby.

I hope he can still cope up with the pain or uneasiness that goes with teething in his more soon to come teeth. Also, I hope to have a very high patience and so is for my mama in dealing with Jaiden's teething behavior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with you because now mao akong situation. Didn't have problem with her incisors but now nga cuspid na gitubo sus very difficult gyud.