Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jaiden Now Claps

This video was taken last Sunday, February  20,2011. It was actually Kuya Josh who initiated clapping his hands with matching high pitch voice that would sort of like a Peek-a-boo that really entertained our happy-baby Jaiden. Without reservation, as innocent and baby as he is (as you had just seen in the video above) he gave a very hearty laugh which to our amazement entertained us also. Kuya Josh and I took turn in clapping our hands to our curious and absorptive baby-Jaiden.

Later on that night in our bed as I find ways to entertain him (actually it's hagwa I mean) to made him sleepy, I blurted out (take note I didn't clap my hands) "clap your hands" in a tune similar to that in the video above. Guess what? I was very much surprised because he did his own clapping of his hands. Though it was just very brief but I very much saw it. In the next coming days, I didn't know the progress of his newfound milestone development since he would sleep very early at night. So we just had a very short bonding moments.

Just this morning he showed to his papa his clapping of his hands which his amazed papa told me. It didn't surprise me though because I knew it already but I didn't know how long he would clap his hands. I assumed he clapped his hands just for a brief moment like it seems insignificant that his doing it. However, he greeted me differently when I arrived from work this afternoon. Usually I would find him in his walker with eyes very much eager to see who's about to pop-up in the door and when our eyes meet he would gave me his toothless grin. But this afternoon is different. I arrived without him in the living room (my papa said he was upstairs sleeping). So, I headed immediately to the C.R. to ease my impending call of nature. Moments later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and then I saw mama (by the doorways of our C.R) carrying Jaiden. She told Jaiden, "clap your hands for mama". Just a simple command. No tune like that of the video above but just a plain command. Right there and then he smiled, lifted his arms on the air with hands open and showed me his clapping for I think quite sometime just enough for you to very much appreciate it.

Officially today, our seven moths old baby Jaiden already knows what the word "clap" means. Just a while ago, I tried thrice video-capturing  his clapping but was unsuccessful because the moment he saw my digicam facing at him he would stop and would attempt to touch it. I'll just try my luck next time and rest assured I'll copy paste here the link. So watch for it soon!!!!!

1 comment:

ferenzie said...

really, dalia ra gyud nakamao ni baby. cant wait sa next video post. hehehe