Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Curly Tops

I bought 2 boxes of Curly Tops and have just eaten my first piece. I guess there's something about being packed in a box. Though they also have those wrapped in a plastic-wrapper like that of a candy but I really bought the one in a box (I had asked the bagger to get me the chocolates from the highest stall). My parents usually bought me boxed chocolates like this of Curly Tops when I was still a child. It made me realize how fond to me my parents then. :) Actually I'm not really sure if that was Curly Tops. It could be other brands but nowadays only Curly Tops has packaged its chocolates in a box (as far as I know) but I'm disappointed of the sizes of the chocolates in cups. They're small compared to what I had accustomed to.

Having this Curly Tops made me reminisce our cozy, elegant nipa-hut house....our living room and kitchen floor were already in cement... our abuhan where we cook our foods fired by wood or rattan pole cuts.... and then our house was painted in bright colors. So it never occurred to my innocent mind that we were living in a nipa-hut house. But when rain comes, array of casseroles, pails and the likes were put in places where the rain drips. This didn't bother me though. :)

Back then I was able to ate chocolates like this of Curly Tops and I was happy. So everytime I see a boxed Curly Tops chocolates my mind-reminiscing goes on and on.... :)

"Life is like a box of chocolates..... you never know what you're gonna get" - Forrest Gump

I'm about to end this blog but I just learned from papa that he was the one who always bought me the Curly Tops. Mama said that every time I wake up I always look for pasalubong from papa and this is what papa always brought me. Then papa has this story to tell. It's because of this Curly Tops that a neighbor informed my parents that I was playing with my feces. Then they told him that it was okay because it was just chocolates, later on they found out that our neighbor was indeed correct (yikes!) :D

No comments: