Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Faith in God

I’ve realized that I talk to God whenever difficult situation arises. I already knew this when I was a child at that the time that I learned to pray. Since then I’ve realized that God gives us problems so as not to forget him. But now that I’m at this age my husband always tells me not to blame God for whatever bad happenings. He said how pity God is for He’s always the one to blame and yes, I agree with him.

My husband was a sacristan during his early adolescence and when he decided to join the seminary, his mother didn’t allow him. I think since then his view of religion has changed and increased when he met his atheist friend. But he said he’s not atheist. He’s just not for religion but he believes in God and in goodness of humanity. He also reminds me of my friend. They almost share the same point of view. It’s ironic though that we were married in the Catholic Church. I think both of us knew the reason.

Ever since we were married, we seldom attended the Sunday mass. When we went it was me who had always exerted the effort. Later on I gave up on him and I myself stopped also. I feel that I should just follow him because his reasons are almost always true. He said that some religious people are hypocrites. I see him as a very good person so I didn’t doubt his beliefs in life. So I decided to follow him. But I think It’s not easy for me. We don’t have the same attitude. I believe it’s not hard for him to be good because I think he’s born with it and I think I’m born to be bad. (oh, wow! What am I thinking?) Really, I really thought of it. That’s why he said that I needed to see a psychologist or hear the word of God in Eucharistic celebration because I need guidance for my inappropriate behaviors. As for me, well I just have to keep my mind focus as much as possible to control my attitude. I don’t like to go to church then later on if I do something bad he’ll confront me with of what I’ll learn of going to the mass (I think I don’t have principles of my).

I think because of my being a pessimist that I get mad easily and my mind crowds that I suddenly become narrow minded. Good though that my husband is always there to cheer me up if he can still tolerate my actions. If not, then a big fight happens.

Last night, the Virgin Mary’s replica was put in our home as a sign of reverence. Though I used to be expose in such activity, I now found it odd to worship such figure. Actually it’s almost two years now that I haven’t engaged myself in religious activities so what happened last night was an awakening on my beliefs. So I just decided to respect the religious activity but will still go on with my usual life that is not for religion though with God. I said not for religion because we no longer go to Sunday mass but not really restricting ourselves to attend if needed. I’ll talk to God directly and worship him on my own. Worship – this is something that I need to think if I’m capable of. How will I worship Him my own ways? Do I really need to show to the world that I worship Him? Will good actions not enough, which I believe would please Him? Good actions – am I capable of doing these without my husband’s influence? Haayyyy….. what am I? I think partly bad & good. As to which is greater that’s still something I gradually need to realize. At present I think I need constant guidance to be good. J

No comments: