Friday, July 27, 2007

I Think I’m Paranoid (Prohibited Thoughts)

Just a while ago, my hubby told me that my mother-in-law might visit us in our home this coming Sunday. Immediate thought that comes to my mind is “oh, my. So they’re going to come and will have a transport service back & forth w/the obedient son as the driver”. The thought makes me uncomfortable especially now that we’re almost in financial disaster (mind the gasoline cost :( ). So I made no further comment so as not to hurt my partner’s feelings. He already had or has this in mind that when it comes to giving favors to his family I’m always not in favor while when if it comes to mine no hesitation from me.

I am pondering, why do I always have this feeling? Is it normal to daughter-in-laws not usually in good terms w/their mother in laws? I wonder if my husband also feels the same way towards my mother. If he is, then he’s very successful not to show or air out to me. But based on my observations, he’s a very good son-in-law to my mother. As always, I think he’s born to be naturally good & kind person. So I think, it never crosses his mind the thing I’m writing now (he he he… well, he thinks that I need a psychologist to express my mind).

I sometimes have negative feelings towards my mother-in-law but when I come to meet and talk to her my feelings and thoughts toward her changes. I learned that she’s also concern of our financial status and that she’s not wasting the allotment. Maybe I need to talk to her constantly to know her more and eventually learn to love her. I have this feeling that when it comes to situation where my hubby has to decide and she’s involved, no matter how I fight my right, my hubby ends up deciding in favor of his mother. Well, I love my hubby so I learned to accept the fact that I’m not to let my hubby choose between his mother and me. The magnitude of his love for us is immeasurable.

Maybe if my mother-in-law is not financially dependent on us, my outlook towards her might be different. Since on my side, though my family is also financially dependent on us, I’ve seen how my mother worked to at least lessen their financial dependence on us. I don’t know if my mother-in-law is also doing the same thing. In fairness to her though, she’s not that physically capable I think to work since she already has some body illnesses. On the other side, I’ve received much goodness from my mother-in-law then. Whenever we’re out together, she treated me highly special. She gives me my favorite fruits. I think I’m really a bad person to think negatively of my mother-in-law. I don’t know I think I’m paranoid.

To my loving husband if you’ll be able to read this, please forgive me. I think I’m out of my mind. I just express my mind right now to ease my selfish emotions. I hope you understand. Now, I’m okay. I love you .

No comments: