Saturday, April 16, 2011

Your Purpose

As a deep, analytical thinker as my friend said it, here I am again pondering. In the Purpose Driven Life book, it said that before we were born and even before we were formed inside our mom's tummy, God already imprinted us in his record or knows what our life would be. He already set for us our purpose in this world. He has already his master plan for each one of us. And I guess as I pondered on about your life, I'm beginning to think that we are indeed created by God for a purpose.

I have watched you grow.
 I have witnessed everything. 
We were playmates.
 I protected you at my very young, fragile body not to let you fall. 
So innocent as I am, I was there in front of your head, in front of the stairs doing all my might, all ounces of my energy not to let you fall. 
Maybe then I am born to protect or help you and you be the helpless and be the instrument that would remind us that there is God.

Your life had been challenged to death, as young as before your first birthday. 
Helpless as you are, I know it wasn't your choice. 
At that time, I know they were in their deepest pit of their lives. 
Though they wouldn't tell me but I felt the sorrow, the hardships and the struggle they were in. 
But yours was the hardest. 
You were in the most pain a baby can ever have. 
You'd fought for your life as much as they did their best to put you out of your misery. 
 That was then one of those turning point of their lives.
As the situation seemed bleak,
they have turned to God and they made it through.

We had grown up. 
We dreamed of beautiful simple lives. 
We worked hard for it while they did their best to make our ends met. 
Everyday was a challenge for us,
but it was very much for them, emotionally and financially.
We went on and on hoping that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.
We were so busy working our heart out,
 that we tend to forget Him. 

He then let us came to our senses. 
Something unexpected happened,
a wake up call reminding us all that He is the ultimate architect.
The tunnel then, still had to be journeyed
and was yet far from the end.

As a new life was about to unfold, 
ours was unfolding to an unimaginable detour. 
It was so hard to accept it. 
It devastated us all,
 though I know that you felt the guilt. 
I know you never meant to hurt us. 
But with God, there's always a way. 
He made his ways. 
Resources had been there to helped you through it.
My boss once told me that "everything happens for a reason".
Maybe it indeed happened for reasons only Him knew.
One thing was for sure,
it brought us back closer to Him.

God was so good. 
In just a matter of time, 
He made your life backed on track. 
You were happy and excited but at the same time sad. 
Sad because as you get to know your new found love, 
you were also about to distance yourself to your first priceless love. 
I knew you were torn. 
But then again, God is everywhere and you re-found Him there. 
I believe it was your most pillar in trying your best to live in that unfamiliar place, 
now you learned to call home. 
Again, I, together with my other half, was God's instrument for your rising. 
I know that God is always good. 
Every thing just fell to places.
The tidal wave just eased. 

For quite some time now, the sea has been calm.
I wish time would stood still.
I know I'm dreaming the impossible.
Now you awaken me.
Life indeed is a roller coaster. 

This time it's different.
I know you can handle it.
Though it'll affect all our lives, 
I know that there'll always be a way.
With Him nothing is impossible.
Always remember the song, Footprints in the Sand;
"During your times of suffering, when you could see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you".



No comments: